Thursday, June 13, 2013

Basic Chicken Marinade

I've got a few chicken marinade recipes up my sleeve, but this one is your standard, "I'm not sure what I'm serving my chicken with or putting my chicken in" recipe.  It's simple and delicious.  Tonight, we're having quinoa pilaf, fresh corn, and salad with our chicken, but I'm freezing a good bit of it (after I grill it all tonight) to use in casseroles and on top of salads.  I use this method a lot.  I grill a bunch of it and put small portions of it in freezer zip top bags, making instant delicious chicken for lunch salad toppings or casserole nights.  I'll be glad I did this come August and the beginning of school...oh dear.  I don't want to think about that!

This recipe only requires 10 ingredients.  I left out a picture of my sugar.  (This picture isn't too good, by the way, but I'm trying not to be too much of a perfectionist...sigh.)  I will definitely post pictures of the finished product tonight!  This marinade also serves as a great salad dressing too...save a few tablespoons of it for a salad with dinner, if that floats your boat.

Here's the cast of characters:

1 c. red wine vinegar
1 c. extra virgin olive oil
Juice from 2 small lemons
1 tbs. lemon zest
2-3 cloves of garlic (minced)
3 tbs. fresh rosemary
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
Lots of freshly ground pepper
Up to 6 chicken breasts

Whisk the first 9 ingredients together in a large bowl.  Dip chicken into marinade and place 3 pieces in a large zip top bag.  Pour some of the marinade over it.  Repeat this process for the remaining 3 pieces.  Allow chicken to marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours (overnight is best).  Grill as usual and then freeze, eat, use in something else, give to a friend, you get the idea.  


No comments:

Post a Comment