Friday, June 7, 2013

Rosemary Lemon Potato Salad

It's been a few days since my last post...life happens, I guess.  I'm finding if I don't post right away, I forget what I threw into my dishes!  Does anyone else ever feel that way?  It's probably just me. :)

My dear, childhood friend, Lindsay Moore is in town for the next couple days.  We enjoyed a great dinner of stuffed shells with the fresh tomato marinara sauce last night with Tara (also a childhood friend) and Ben Barnett.  I'll post about that later on!

Lindsay (better known as "Werdon," a childhood nickname), Brendan, and I will be having an outdoor dinner tonight (weather permitting).  I thought that a little twist on the trusty red potato would be a fun side.  Again, I was getting tired of looking at the red potatoes in my fridge...and my fridge was getting too full.  My fridge always seems to be either way too empty or far too full.   It's a common phenomenon in our home.

Of all the herbs in my garden, rosemary is the most abundant, probably because it's the heartiest, and I don't have to water it much to get it to grow.   It was super easy to throw together, and I can just let it sit and soak up all the great flavors while Werdon and I are out and about today.   I think this will be a light, lemony addition to our BBQ chicken and fresh corn tonight.  (Oh my, it's only 9 am, and I'm already excited about dinner.)   Hope you enjoy!

Rosemary Lemon Potato Salad

Boil salted water in a large pot
Scrub and cube about 6 small-medium red potatoes (I left the skin on...it gave the salad great color.)
Place in water and boil for about 18-20 minutes (or until tender)

While those taters are boiling, whisk the dressing together in a large bowl.

Dressing:
Juice from two lemons
1-2 tbs. chopped fresh rosemary (plus more for garnish, if desired)
3-4 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
1/2-3/4 c. fresh shredded parmesan cheese plus more for grating on top (I always seem to have this on hand.  It keeps forever in the fridge crisper drawer in a sealed zip top bag.)
1/4 tsp. salt
freshly ground pepper (lots of it)

When the potatoes have finished boiling, rinse and drain them.
Place them in the large bowl with dressing.
Toss to coat.
Garnish with additional parmesan cheese, freshly ground pepper, and rosemary, if desired.
Note:   You can always make this dish vegan by leaving out the parmesan.


No comments:

Post a Comment